Tuesday, March 14, 2006

DEREK 360: Awesome-vertising

Hello world.

Let me get some things out of the way before I get down to business.

First of all, I'm sorry for the inactivity of the JUS lately. There is no good excuse other than laziness.

Second, to clarify Andy's entry below, Hardin Sweaty and The Ready To Go (of which I am a member, please forgive the shameless self promotion) will be playing this Friday in Denton, TX. They however will not be playing with Record Hop. Instead they'll be playing with the bands Prayer for Animals and Knee Pad. The show will be at Hailey's in Denton and will be only five dollars. If you're in the area and want to see a good rock show come on over. Plug over.

NOW ON WITH THE DEREK 360 POST!

I'm a fan of advertising. Both good and bad. Today I am going to present an ad that I think is just unbelievably good. I'm sure you guys have seen this before but now (assuming my link works) you can revisit it any time you'd like.

The ad is for Volkswagen, who never fail to make great ads (both viral and traditional), and they feature Peter Stormare as an uber-German car...enthusiast. I'm a lover of things that are ridiculously German so this ad immediately struck me as awesome. Here it is:



Here's a couple others in the series:
"Jaaaassssoonnn"
"It's definitely sucking"

"It looks like it could fly"

Great stuff.

-Derek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome... Love it. make your fingers into a v and w and just sit and bask in the sweetness.