Sunday, March 26, 2006

DEREK 360: JUS on the streets

Last night fellow JUS-er Andy and myself went for a jaunt into Deep Ellum. Deep Ellum, for those who do not already know, is an area in the sprawling urban monster that is downtown Dallas, Texas. While we were down there the following interactions with Deep Ellumians took place:

INTERACTION #1
RANDOM DUDE: (Yells) Don't nobody worry now!
DEREK (JUS): ............
RANDOM DUDE: (Turns in Derek's direction) Cause I'm retired!*

*NOTE: He may have said "retarded" in place of "retired". It was difficult to understand him due to the fact that he had been having a really awesome night of being a street person and drinking a lot.

INTERACTION #2
RANDOM DUDE: (Having trouble walking, talking and doing anything) Eiee Ma? Ame I tuy fughged uh?
ANDY (JUS): Are you too fucked up? Uhmmm, yeah man. I'd say you are, and you really stink...
RANDOM DUDE: Whuddaya mehn maans, Ig ott diss.
ANDY (JUS): (Remembering that this dude is probably totally crazy)...but i bet you had a great time tonight.
RANDOM DUDE: Chi manhns, dems puyliees wount eden adfres maiyass
DEREK (JUS): The police won't even arrest your ass? I guess you have some work to do then bro.
RANDOM DUDE: mahns, ayem dafunkhun devall en eeh gunnas gadrder elall ma demon brethren an fuchs dist owun adwa.
DEREK (JUS): ...........

That's about it.

-Derek

1 comment:

Poetry Revolutionist said...

Mr. 360,

I commend you on your accuracy in depicting the scary bums in Deep Ellum. Joe was stuck talking to Terrance Lane for a solid ten minutes. I didn't make eye contact with anyone because I feared for my life.

--Revolutionist.